Happy Spring! We’re celebrating the new season with Cadbury mini egg brownies for triple chocolate bliss. It doesn’t get much better than an ultra fudgy brownie topped with swirls of fudge frosting and pretty pastel Cadbury mini eggs. Gloriously rich and fudgy, these one-bowl brownies are the perfect treat for Easter.
P.S. For the blonde version, don’t miss last year’s chocolate dipped blondies. You may just need to have a bake off to choose your favorite!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup Cadbury mini eggs, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper. Place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula; gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles. Bake for 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, combine melted butter, vanilla, salt, powdered sugar, cocoa, and milk in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Whisk frosting one more minute, until smooth and glossy. Use an offset spatula to spread frosting over brownies, and sprinkle with chopped mini eggs. Let frosting set for 10 minutes, then cut into squares with a sharp knife (wipe knife clean between cuts).
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrates: 36