- 3 Tbsp pecans, chopped
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp very warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two 12-cup standard muffin pans with baking cups; spray baking cups lightly with cooking spray. For the crumb topping, combine pecans, brown sugar, and flour in a small bowl; add melted coconut oil and toss mixture with a fork until crumbly. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- Combine golden raisins and warm water in a small bowl and let soak for 10 minutes. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine yogurt, milk, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, orange zest, sugar, and brown sugar in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until almost incorporated. Add raisins (with liquid), pecans, coconut, and carrot, and fold in gently just until incorporated.
- Fill each baking cup 3/4 full and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for about 18 minutes, until muffins spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes before removing from pan to serve or cool completely.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days, or individually wrap muffins in plastic wrap and freeze in a large freezer bag.
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrates: 32
Keywords: Carrot, Pecan, Coconut