There’s no better way to kick off your day than with a batch of morning glory muffins! Fragrant with orange zest and warming spices, these muffins get major flavor and plenty of texture from toasted pecans, shredded coconut, sweet carrots, and plump golden raisins.
Finished off with a golden crumb topping and served slightly warm, these muffins are making winter mornings glorious once more.
- 3 Tbsp pecans, chopped
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp very warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two 12-cup standard muffin pans with baking cups; spray baking cups lightly with cooking spray. For the crumb topping, combine pecans, brown sugar, and flour in a small bowl; add melted coconut oil and toss mixture with a fork until crumbly. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- Combine golden raisins and warm water in a small bowl and let soak for 10 minutes. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine yogurt, milk, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, orange zest, sugar, and brown sugar in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until almost incorporated. Add raisins (with liquid), pecans, coconut, and carrot, and fold in gently just until incorporated.
- Fill each baking cup 3/4 full and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for about 18 minutes, until muffins spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes before removing from pan to serve or cool completely.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days, or individually wrap muffins in plastic wrap and freeze in a large freezer bag.
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrates: 32