Happy New Year! Let’s kick off 2017 on a healthy note with honey-sweetened macadamia coconut granola. Inspired by a recent trip to Hawaii, macadamia nuts and toasted coconut chips add a decidedly tropical feel to each golden cluster.
Topped with gorgeous berries and jeweled pomegranate arils, this is just the granola to brighten up winter mornings (and also makes a fabulous midnight snack!).
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Combine oats, macadamia nuts, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut oil, honey, and vanilla; toss to coat. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until frothy (about 1 minute); add to oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Use an offset spatula to spread mixture into an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, then use a large spatula to flip sections of granola. Press back into an even layer, rotate pan, and bake another 20-25 minutes. When granola is golden and feels dry to the touch, turn off oven and leave pan in oven for another 10 minutes to continue drying.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely (the granola crisps as it cools). When completely cool, break into clusters and stir in toasted coconut chips. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks.
If your oven runs hot, bake granola at 290°F.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 295
- Carbohydrates: 47