And on the twelfth day of the year, there were cookies! I’m not breaking my cookie fast with just any cookie, though. These soft-batch style cookies with creamy white chocolate chips and buttery macadamias suspended in lime-flecked brown sugar dough are simply sublime.
Bright and buttery, sweet and tangy, soft and chewy, sometimes a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand!
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine lime zest and sugar in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute. Transfer lime sugar to a large mixer bowl; add brown sugar and butter, and beat at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg, then beat in lime juice and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 11-12 minutes, until tops and edges are lightly golden and set. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, salt, lime zest, and lime juice in a small bowl. Transfer glaze to a small piping bag and drizzle over cookies; let set before serving. Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 148
- Carbohydrates: 22