When you wake up craving brownies, there’s only one option: bake! Some days, you may just want a classic brownie. Other days, you’re craving a sweet treat on a completely different level. For those moments, a pan of praline brownies is just the thing to satisfy your cravings.
Think rich and fudgy cocoa brownies topped with a flourish of creamy praline (brown sugar-pecan) frosting. Add a sprinkle of flaky sea salt to keep the sweetness in check, and serve with a cold glass of milk for the ultimate indulgence!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp milk
- sea salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper. Place melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined – the texture will appear granular at this point. Stir in vanilla; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula; gently tap pan once to remove air bubbles. Bake for 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the praline frosting, combine butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil; boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla. Stir in pecans and milk until mixture is creamy and spreadable. Use an offset spatula to spread warm frosting over brownies. Let topping set, then sprinkle with sea salt and cut into squares with a sharp knife (wipe knife clean between cuts).
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrates: 29
Keywords: Praline, Pecan, Brownie