Meet your new favorite treat: a pillowy brown sugar cookie studded with cinnamon chips and toasty pecans. Each bite is a collision of fall flavors, with sweet and spicy cinnamon, creamy vanilla, and brown sugar conspiring in these must bake cinnamon chip pecan cookies.
An extra egg yolk adds richness and helps tenderize the dough for the best chewy texture. Be sure to toast the pecans until fragrant and golden – this simple step adds depth of flavor and makes all the difference!
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon chips
- 3 Tbsp toasted pecans, chopped
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar together in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in cinnamon chips and chopped pecans. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly. Top cookies with remaining cinnamon chips and chopped pecans, pressing to adhere.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 10 minutes, until lightly golden and tops and edges are set. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 158
- Carbohydrates: 19
Keywords: Cinnamon, Cinnamon Chip, Pecan