S’mores tartlettes are a nostalgic summer treat for all – both kids and adults will fall for these mini bites, a nod to starry summer nights circled up around the campfire. Those carefree stacks of graham crackers, melty chocolate bars, and gooey toasted marshmallows are the inspiration for these gourmet tartlettes.
Start with a from-scratch graham tartlette shell and brownie filling; add a chocolate and mini marshmallow topping. After a quick spin under the broiler, these bites are ready to make their debut. Baked in a premium nonstick Nordic Ware French tartlette pan, these bites are a must make before summer slips away.
Today I’ve partnered with Nordic Ware to gift one of you with your very own French tartlette pan! Nordic Ware is celebrating 70 years as a family owned and operated company. Check out the giveaway details below the recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup graham flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate, cut into 12 squares
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a tartlette pan with nonstick spray. For the crust, whisk together flour, graham flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Combine melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture and fold in until incorporated. Fill each mold with a rounded tablespoon of mixture; press into the bottom and up the sides of each mold. Prick bottom of crust with a fork and bake for 14 minutes, until golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, combine semisweet chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove pan from heat and whisk in sugar; whisk in egg until combined. Whisk in vanilla and salt. Fold in flour just until combined. Use a cookie scoop to divide batter evenly among tartlette shells (do not overfill). Bake for 22 minutes, until tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For the topping, place 1 square of chocolate on top of each tartlette, pressing slightly into brownie. Place under broiler briefly (or heat with a kitchen torch) to soften chocolate. Carefully remove pan from oven and use an offset spatula to spread melted chocolate over brownie. Top with marshmallows, pressing to adhere. Place under broiler again until marshmallows are toasted and golden. Carefully remove pan from oven and let stand for 20 minutes before loosening tartlettes from pan and serving.
French tartlette pan available here. Tartlettes can be made up to a day ahead; add chocolate and marshmallow topping just before serving.
- Calories: 265
- Carbohydrates: 36
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends on Thursday, August 11, 2016. Open to continental US Residents.
Disclosure: Nordic Ware generously provided product for the giveaway. I received no compensation and all opinions expressed in this post are my own.