Fridays are for blondies, most notably coconut chocolate cashew pretzel blondies! These rich and buttery bars are here to save the day from after school meltdowns or hangry outbursts at the end of a long week. Here’s why: all you need is one bowl, a whisk and a spatula, and about 10 minutes. There’s no excuse not to make blondies this weekend (or immediately!).
And here’s a pro tip – a good blondie base is infinitely adaptable. I mixed in toasted coconut chips, milk chocolate cashews, and crushed pretzels for a salty-sweet bar, but feel free to toss in a combination of whatever candy/nuts/cereal/dried fruit you can find in your pantry. Infinitely versatile and always delicious, the blondie will never let you down.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate cashews, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut chips, coarsely crushed
- 1/3 cup pretzels, coarsely crushed
- 2 Tbsp milk chocolate cashews, chopped
- 3 Tbsp coconut chips, coarsely crushed
- 3 Tbsp pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then fold in cashews, coconut chips, and pretzels. Scrape batter into prepared pan and and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press evenly into pan. Top batter with cashews, coconut chips, and pretzels, pressing gently to adhere.
- Bake for 23 to 24 minutes, until top is set, edges are golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Calories: 225
- Carbohydrates: 31