coconut chocolate chip cookie pudding parfaits
Let’s bring back the parfait, dessert style! These cookie pudding parfaits feature layers of rich and creamy chocolate pudding, chewy coconut chocolate chip cookie crumbs, and a sprinkle of toasted coconut chips. For the chocoholic, each bite is pure heaven!
Dairy-free chocolate pudding is a quick and creamy stovetop affair (so quick, you’ll want to make it weekly). There’s no baking or special equipment required, and these parfaits are infinitely adaptable – those leftover cookies or brownies in your freezer are just begging to be reinvented into a no-sweat summer dessert with all your favorite toppers.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (or whole milk)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups full fat coconut milk (or whole milk)
- 1 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 coconut chocolate chip cookies, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut chips
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup coconut milk in a small bowl; set aside. Whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Slowly stream in 1 3/4 cups coconut milk, whisking until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Whisk in chopped chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and continue cooking 2 minutes, until mixture resembles a thick milkshake and coats the back of a spoon.
- Immediately pour half the pudding into a bowl. Divide the remaining pudding into six 4-ounce ramekins. Cover surfaces directly with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours – pudding will thicken as it cools.
- To assemble, add a layer of crumbled cookies and toasted coconut chips to ramekins. Top with a layer of chocolate pudding, and finish with more crumbled cookies and toasted coconut chips before serving.
- Calories: 415
- Carbohydrates: 55