Let’s bring back the parfait, dessert style! These cookie pudding parfaits feature layers of rich and creamy chocolate pudding, chewy coconut chocolate chip cookie crumbs, and a sprinkle of toasted coconut chips. For the chocoholic, each bite is pure heaven!
Dairy-free chocolate pudding is a quick and creamy stovetop affair (so quick, you’ll want to make it weekly). There’s no baking or special equipment required, and these parfaits are infinitely adaptable – those leftover cookies or brownies in your freezer are just begging to be reinvented into a no-sweat summer dessert with all your favorite toppers.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (or whole milk)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups full fat coconut milk (or whole milk)
- 1 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 coconut chocolate chip cookies, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut chips
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup coconut milk in a small bowl; set aside. Whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Slowly stream in 1 3/4 cups coconut milk, whisking until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Whisk in chopped chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and continue cooking 2 minutes, until mixture resembles a thick milkshake and coats the back of a spoon.
- Immediately pour half the pudding into a bowl. Divide the remaining pudding into six 4-ounce ramekins. Cover surfaces directly with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours – pudding will thicken as it cools.
- To assemble, add a layer of crumbled cookies and toasted coconut chips to ramekins. Top with a layer of chocolate pudding, and finish with more crumbled cookies and toasted coconut chips before serving.
- Calories: 415
- Carbohydrates: 55