These oh so pretty, naturally hued blackberry lavender popsicles are the epitome of summer bliss. Lovely and sweet, I like to mix up a batch after a morning spent berry picking or browsing the farmer’s market.
Coconut milk adds a nice creamy texture to the dairy-free pops; a touch of honey complements the bursting berries and fragrant lavender. Slightly sophisticated with a floral twist, there’s no lovelier treat on a warm afternoon than a bright berry pop.
Blackberry Lavender Popsicles
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp dried culinary lavender
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 can (13.5 oz or 1 2/3 cups) full fat coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- Combine sugar and lavender in a food processor and blend for 1 minute until lavender is finely chopped. Combine blackberries with 2 tablespoons lavender-sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until berries are broken down and slightly thickened. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Strain blackberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing firmly on berries to release juices. Whisk in coconut milk, salt, honey, and remaining lavender-sugar until smooth. Chill mixture for two hours in the refrigerator.
- Whisk chilled mixture well, then fill popsicle molds, leaving a 1/4-inch of space at the top of each mold. Freeze for 1 hour, then insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. To unmold, let popsicles stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from molds and serve.