I live for strawberry season and every year I find myself with far more baskets than I could ever eat myself. After slicing a handful over granola and tossing them into salads finished with fruity balsamic, I use them in every dessert imaginable… clearly too many baskets of strawberries is really no issue at all.
A strawberry cookie tart is an impressive yet surprisingly simple dessert. Baked in a tart pan for an air of sophistication, the soft brown sugar cookie crust is topped with plush swirls of lemony cream cheese frosting and piled high with fresh strawberries. Sweet and dreamy, this is one delightful spring tart.
Strawberry Cookie Tart
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup graham flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Whisk together flour, graham flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and honey until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated.
- Spray a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan with nonstick spray and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press dough evenly into pan. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 19 to 20 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. For the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, lemon zest, and salt on medium speed until soft and creamy. Reduce speed to low; add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and beat well, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Use an offset spatula to spread cream cheese frosting over cookie crust. Chill at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving with fresh strawberries.