- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 200°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk powdered sugar and cornstarch together in a medium bowl. Beat egg whites in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until frothy; add cream of tartar and continue beating until foamy. Beat in vanilla and salt. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until whites hold soft peaks. Continue beating while gradually adding powdered sugar mixture two tablespoons at a time, until mixture is firm and glossy. Gently fold in white chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candies.
- Using two soup spoons, drop meringue by heaping tablespoons on baking sheets; sprinkle with remaining crushed peppermint candies. Bake for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until meringues are dry and firm to the touch. Turn the oven off and let meringues cool in the oven for 1 hour then cool completely on a wire rack (meringues should peel away from the parchment easily). Serve immediately, or store overnight in a single layer in an airtight container.
- Calories: 80
- Carbohydrates: 17