There’s no better way to be Halloween party-ready than with festive pumpkin cheesecake bites! Mini muffin pans make these treats simple and approachable, beginning with the press-in cream cheese pastry shells and pumpkin cheesecake filling. Once the mini tarts are baked and chilled, they’re topped with salted caramel sauce and pecans for a nice fall bite.
For twice the charm, serve a mixed platter of cheesecake bites and pecan tassies, sure to be an instant crowd pleaser.Print
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 6 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- For the pastry, beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugar and salt and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour; beat just until incorporated. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray two 12-cup mini muffin pans with nonstick spray. Form one-inch balls of dough and place each ball in a muffin cup; use lightly floured hands to press dough into the bottom and up the sides of each cup. Keep pans chilled while preparing filling.
- For the filling, place cream cheese, yogurt, and pumpkin in a food processor; process until combined. Add sugar, flour, spices, salt, and egg; process until smooth. Spoon 1 slightly rounded teaspoon of filling into each cup. Bake for 25 minutes, or until filling is puffed and pastry is golden. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely. Cover and chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- For the topping, combine brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter has melted completely. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt until smooth. Pour sauce into a glass bowl to cool to room temperature. Just before serving, top cheesecake bites with a spoonful of caramel sauce and a pecan half.
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrates: 14