There’s no better time to add a new cookie to your repertoire than now, as August winds down and all at once, everyone is back to school. These salted caramel almond crunch cookies are addictive in all the right ways, making them ideal for the kids (lunch box friendly!) or yourself (because I’m a firm believer in the afternoon coffee + cookie break).
With plenty of flavor and texture, these soft batch brown sugar cookies meet my strict cookie standards. Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds and toffee bits add plenty of crunch that plays well off the soft cookies. A shower of sea salt brings out the caramel-toffee notes and keeps the sweetness in check. Pour that mug of coffee and you’re set!Print
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 3 Tbsp Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds, chopped
- sea salt
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chopped almonds and toffee bits. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (If cookie dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before baking). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly.
- Top cookies with chopped almonds, pressing to adhere. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 9 minutes, until edges are set. Cool for 4 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrates: 20
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond. All opinions expressed are my own.