raspberry almond blondies
Raspberry almond blondies make the perfect summer dessert!
I’ve heard it said that blondies are brownies without the chocolate. To me, the two have nothing in common except butter. Blondies stand on their own merit and rightfully so – what’s not to love about a buttery-soft golden bar that tastes of brown sugar and vanilla?
While many pans of blondies have made their way through my kitchen, this latest batch is my ode to jeweled sweet-tart raspberries and fragrant toasted almonds. Dotted with white chocolate chips, each bar is blondie bliss!
How to make blondies
These bars are a cinch to make! Whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, one large egg, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then gently fold in white chocolate chips. Transfer batter to an 8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper, and smooth the batter with an offset spatula. Top the batter with sliced almonds and fresh raspberries. Bake blondies until golden and set, then let cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar and cutting into squares.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine melted butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, almond extract, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in flour just until incorporated, then fold in white chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top with an offset spatula. Top batter with raspberries and sliced almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and set in the middle, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully lift parchment to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Calories: 215
- Carbohydrates: 29
Keywords: Blondies, Bars, Raspberry, Almond, White Chocolate