no-bake chocolate cherry almond bars
These are the bars I reach for to refuel after a run or when I’m dashing out the door with no time for breakfast. Infinitely versatile and customizable, no-bake oat bars are a blank canvas ready to be jazzed up with your favorite mix-ins.
Dried cherries add a welcome sweet-tart bite and the chocolate drizzle satisfies my mid-afternoon chocolate cravings. Mix up a pan in 10 minutes as part of your weekly meal prep; your body and mind will thank you later when you have a tasty energy boost at the ready.
- 1 cup crunchy almond butter (no salt)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- Line a 7 x 11-inch baking dish (or 8-inch square baking pan) with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Combine almond butter, honey, salt, and cinnamon in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla, oats, sliced almonds, and 1/4 cup dried cherries until combined. Scrape mixture into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press evenly into pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup dried cherries, pressing in with parchment.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over bars and top with sliced almonds. Chill bars for two hours in the refrigerator, until set. Just before cutting, chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. Lift foil to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into bars with a sharp knife. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or wrap well and freeze.
If almond butter or nuts are salted, reduce salt to 1/8 tsp.
- Calories: 228
- Carbohydrates: 26