If lemons desserts make your heart skip a beat, these lemon-coconut creamsicles belong in your freezer. Sweet, tangy and beyond creamy, the lemon-coconut pairing is sublime.
A shower of lemon zest keeps the feel light and bright; coconut milk adds an unbeatable creamy texture. After one bite I’m sure you’ll be as hooked on these pops as I am. For a festive touch, mix in some blueberries and raspberries before freezing for the 4th of July.
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon zest, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pure coconut extract
- 1 Tbsp limoncello or vodka
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest and sugar in a food processor and pulse for 1 minute; add lemon juice and process until blended. Pour mixture into a medium bowl and whisk in coconut milk, salt, coconut extract, remaining lemon zest, and limoncello until smooth. Chill mixture for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Fill popsicle molds with chilled mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch of space at the top of each mold. Freeze for 90 minutes, then insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. To unmold, let popsicles stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Carefully remove from molds and serve.
The limoncello or vodka prevents the popsicles from freezing too firmly; omit if you wish. Popsicle molds: I use these.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrates: 24