Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp vodka
Malted Chocolate Toffee Cookies
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate toffee bits
- flaky salt
- For the vanilla ice cream, combine half-and-half, cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla bean seeds, vanilla, and vodka in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Cover and chill mixture in the refrigerator for one hour. Pour chilled ice cream mixture into frozen cylinder of ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spoon mixture into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer until firm.
- For the cookies, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, vanilla, and malted milk powder until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (If cookie dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 9 minutes, until edges are set. Sprinkle cookies with sea salt and cool for 4 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Freeze cookies in an airtight container for at least one hour.
- To assemble sandwiches, use a small cookie scoop to place a scoop of ice cream between two chilled cookies and press lightly. Place assembled ice cream sandwiches on a baking sheet and cover with plastic; return to the freezer for two hours. Wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 7 days. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 375
- Carbohydrates: 54