lime cream cheese cookies
Cookies, glorious cookies. Infinitely versatile and (almost) always delicious, cookies near the top of my dessert cravings. My vision of lime bars meets cream cheese cookie came together with these tasty and addictive bites.
These soft batch-style cookies have the best pillowy texture thanks to cream cheese and cornstarch. Graham flour and a scoop of brown sugar add a touch of depth that plays off the bright and tangy lime glaze. If you’re on the hunt for a fabulous new cookie, this is it!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup graham flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime zest
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- For the cookies, whisk together flour, graham flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, cream cheese, and lime zest in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugars and beat until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Transfer dough to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (If cookie dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 9 minutes, until edges are set. Cool for 4 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, salt, melted butter, milk, lime zest, and lime juice in a small bowl; transfer to a small piping bag. Set rack with cookies over a piece of wax paper and drizzle cookies with glaze; let set before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrates: 18