toasted coconut, cashew & mango granola
If there’s one snack I’m guilty of overindulging in, it’s granola. A bowl topped with berries is my breakfast of choice, but I find myself dipping in for a cluster when my energy is waning or I simply need a crunchy bite. Since I’m sure I’m not the only granola snacker here, I put a tropical twist on my latest batch and just met my new favorite midnight snack.
Chewy coconut and oats meet buttery cashews and sweet dried mangoes for a truly scrumptious breakfast/snack/ice cream topping. Irresistibly golden and packed with clusters, it’s no wonder I can’t seem to stop snacking.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup dried mango, chopped
- Preheat oven to 290°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Combine oats, coconut, cashews, and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut oil, honey, and vanilla; toss to coat. Whisk egg white in a small bowl until frothy (about 1 minute); add to oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Use an offset spatula to spread mixture into an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, then use a large spatula to flip sections of granola. Press back into an even layer, rotate pan, and bake another 15 minutes. When granola is golden and feels dry to the touch, turn off oven and leave pan in oven for another 10 minutes to continue drying.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely (the granola crisps as it cools). When completely cool, break into clusters and stir in dried mango. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrates: 43