There’s no better time than St. Patrick’s Day for boozy Irish Cream treats. These two-bite delights boast a double hit of the liqueur, both in the chocolate drizzled mocha cups and creamy ricotta-Mascarpone filling. Topped with mini chocolate chips, these bites are sure to please (especially when served with an Irish Cream mocha).
Don’t let the instructions intimidate you; the bites come together quite quickly. The cups are made from roll-out cookie dough, punched and baked in mini muffin tins. Disposable pastry bags make assembly a breeze (and are the secret to bakery-worthy bites!).
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp black (or dark) cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp instant espresso (recommended: Starbucks Via)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz part skim ricotta, strained (see note below)
- 4 oz mascarpone
- 6 Tbsp powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp mini semisweet chocolate chips
- For the cups, whisk together flour, cocoas, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg, espresso, Baileys Irish Cream, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. Wrap dough with plastic and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- For the filling, combine strained ricotta, mascarpone, powdered sugar, salt, and Baileys Irish Cream in a food processor; process until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray two 12-cup mini muffin pans with nonstick spray. Roll chilled dough out to a scant 1/4-inch thick on a lightly floured board. Use a 2 1/2-inch round cutter to cut out 28 circles (re-roll scraps if necessary). Brush excess flour off of circles and press evenly into the bottom and sides of each muffin well; prick cups gently with a fork. Bake for 6 minutes, until edges are set. Cool cups completely in pans on a wire rack before removing with an offset spatula.
- For the chocolate drizzle, place mini chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on full power for 45 seconds; stir. Continue to heat in 10 second bursts and stir until melted and smooth. Transfer melted chocolate to a small piping bag. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place cooled chocolate cups on baking sheet and drizzle with chocolate. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set chocolate.
- To assemble bites, spoon filling into a large pastry bag fitted with a 2D tip. Pipe filling into cups and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips; keep chilled until serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Before making the filling, place ricotta in an ultra-fine sieve or a strainer lined with cheesecloth and strain over a bowl in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Inspired by Cooking Classy.
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrates: 15