For a seasonal spin on the classic oatmeal cookie, I stuffed buttery brown sugar dough with dried cranberries, pistachios and white chocolate chips. I love dimension in a cookie and these have plenty of it – sweet and salty, tart and chewy. It’s the kind of addictive combination that’s enough to bring even the most strong-willed individual to the refrigerator in the middle of the night for a blissful spoonful or two of dough.
If you have the time to let the dough chill overnight, I recommend it – give the flavors a chance to marry, and let the brown sugar and vanilla bean paste infuse every bite!
Cranberry, Pistachio & White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, toasted
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp white chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy; beat in egg and vanilla bean paste until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in pistachios, cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (If cookie dough has chilled overnight, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking). Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/2-inch balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets; flatten mounds slightly.
- Top cookies with remaining cranberries and white chocolate chips, pressing to adhere. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 9 minutes, until edges are set. Cool for 4 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.