Triple chocolate cookie bars are the best way to appease a cookie craving without the fuss of scooping and rolling dough. Baked in a tart shell for nice height, the buttery soft bars are loaded with chocolate bliss.
The rich cream cheese dough makes an ideal canvas for your favorite chocolate – I mixed dark, semisweet, and white chocolate for great contrast. Best of all, these bars emerge from the oven slightly underbaked, ensuring that each bite is richly satisfying.
Triple Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookie Bars
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp white chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until smooth; add sugars and beat until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in chocolate.
- Spray a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan with nonstick spray and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press dough evenly into pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips, pressing slightly into dough; cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 15 minutes. (If you prefer a more well-done cookie, bake a few minutes longer). Cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes before slicing and serving.