- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp cornmeal
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1–2 Tbsp vodka
- 1/4 cup peach jam
- 2 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 Tbsp Turbinado sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Grate 1/4 cup butter into a small bowl; cut remaining 1/4 cup butter into small cubes and place in a second bowl; chill bowls in freezer for 15 minutes. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; place bowl in freezer to chill for 15 minutes. Chill buttermilk and vodka in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cubed butter over chilled flour mixture and toss with a spatula to coat. Use a pastry blender to cut in butter until the biggest pieces are the size of peas; fold in grated butter. Drizzle buttermilk over flour mixture; use a spatula to gather dough together until it forms large clumps. If needed, add vodka 1 tablespoon at a time, then gently knead just to form a ball. Wrap dough in plastic and flatten slightly to form a disc. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days, or place in a freezer bag and freeze 1 to 2 months).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place dough on a floured board and dust dough with flour. Roll out dough (roll dough in one direction, then lift up dough and rotate a quarter turn and roll, then repeat) until dough is an 11-inch circle. If dough starts to stick, use a bench scraper to lift dough from board. Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet; chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place jam in a small bowl and microwave briefly (about 10 seconds); whisk to loosen. Brush half the jam over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with peaches slices; brush with remaining jam and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Fold dough border up over peaches, pleating to make an edge; brush with milk. Bake for 24 to 25 minutes, until crust is golden and fruit is tender. Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrates: 27