- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place a baking sheet in oven; spray 4 mini (5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″) loaf pans with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; reserve one tablespoon flour mixture to toss with blueberries.
- Beat butter, sugar, and lemon zest in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one at a time. Combine buttermilk, lemon juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture (begin and end with flour mixture). Toss blueberries with reserved flour mixture and fold into batter.
- Divide batter evenly between loaf pans and smooth with an offset spatula. Place pans on preheated baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While cakes are baking, make the lemon syrup. Combine lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and syrup thickens, about 4 minutes. Remove cakes from oven and brush tops of cakes with lemon syrup. Let stand for 15 minutes, then remove cakes from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrates: 19