mini blueberry-lemon bundt cakes

At last we’re on the cusp of summer; months of warm days filled with brilliant sunshine unfold before us. I’m back to my old habits of blueberry picking, and while most of the blueberries are eaten in their natural state, I always reserve a few cups from every bucket for baking.

Mini Blueberry-Lemon Bundt Cakes | Tutti Dolci

First up are these mini blueberry-lemon bundt cakes (I used this pan; the molds are just over 2 inches wide.). Bursting with juicy blueberries and topped with a sweet lemon drizzle, the cakes are the epitome of blueberry bliss.

Mini Blueberry-Lemon Bundt Cakes | Tutti Dolci

1 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp Meyer lemon zest
1 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a mini bundt pan with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, and lemon zest in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until well blended; add egg and beat well. Combine buttermilk, yogurt, vanilla and lemon juice in a small bowl. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk mixture; fold in blueberries.

Fill each mold just over half full. Bake for 16 minutes, until edges are golden and cake springs back to the touch. Cool in pan on wire rack for 4 minutes before popping mini cakes out of pan to cool completely. To prepare glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon zest, and juice in a small bowl. Set rack with mini bundt cakes over a piece of wax paper and drizzle with glaze; let set before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days; serve warm.

Yield – 28 mini bundt cakes
Calories – 72 (per cake)

Comments

These mini cakes are exquisite! Let’s share! I’ll give you a jar of strawberry curd if you could please send some cakes my way. 😀

2. Rachelle says

Burst blueberries are just so gorgeous! My first farmer’s market trip for the season will be this weekend and I’m crossing my fingers that summer produce is in full effect!

Well, aren’t these the cutest petite blueberry lemon cakes I’ve ever seen?! I’m doing a moist Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake soon for the blog. But, I think your recipe would win on cuteness alone! I agree with the first comment…perfect summer picnic fare! So sweet, Laura! xo

Love your little mini Blueberry Lemon Bundt cakes. So cute. I just made mini Lemon Bundt cakes, but when I can get fresh blueberries from Michigan in July, I’ll be trying your recipe:)

I swear you and must be blogging soul mates Laura! I made a recipe that was so similar to this except I used blackberries last summer! Your cakes look perfect and I love the color contrast with the blueberries!

A joyful summer celebration! My husband adores blueberries and most likely would devour several of these cuties straight from the oven!

7. Lora @cakeduchess says

blueberries are all I’m baking with these days. These are so tiny and precious, Laura!

You always come up with such beautiful treats. I can’t wait to try this, too. And it hasn’t escaped me that I probably say that about all your desserts. :) Now you have me wanting to pick some berries. :)

My gosh, these little bundts are so cute! And pretty! And fresh and delicious looking. aaaah, I need to make me some mini bundts and eat the whole lot!

Oh boy… I just drooled looking at the pictures, Laura. Blueberries are still a bit expensive and for a person who eat 1 cup of blueberries at a time (fresh, ah so addicting), these bundt cakes are so irresistible! How can you possibly stop eating after you bake them?! Love these!

OH Em. Gee!! They are gorgeous! And that’s like my favorite flavor combo… For reals, I could inhale all of those!!

P.S. I want to go blueberry picking with you!!! 😀

Can you believe I used to hate blueberry muffins (would always say “give me a chocolate muffin any day”) – basically, when I was younger, blueberries just didn’t “do it” for me, but now… I absolutely love them in baking. I think these would be fantastic… I never saw “mini” bundt cakes before… how cool is that?