strawberry-mascarpone tart

Every spring, I anticipate the reopening of local strawberry stands and find myself craving the intoxicating aroma of the plump berries. I’ve had my heart set on making a strawberry tart filled with Mascarpone, and to my delight, found the strawberry stand open for the first day of the season. Perfect timing!

Strawberry-Mascarpone Tart | Tutti Dolci

With a spiced graham crust, honey-Mascarpone filling, and sweet strawberry topping, this tart celebrates spring. A quick honey glaze makes the strawberries glisten, and adds lovely notes of floral and citrus. This dessert is simply irresistible!

Strawberry-Mascarpone Tart | Tutti Dolci

Strawberry-Mascarpone Tart | Tutti Dolci

Strawberry-Mascarpone Tart
Graham Crust
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup graham flour (or whole wheat flour)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of cloves
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp dark honey

8 ounces Mascarpone, at room temperature
2 Tbsp low-fat milk
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp lemon zest

2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
1 1/2 Tbsp honey

For the crust, preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 14-inch rectangular removable-bottom tart pan with nonstick spray. Whisk together flour, graham flour, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in honey. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until combined.

Use a piece of parchment paper to press dough evenly in the bottom and up the sides of prepared tart pan; prick dough all over with a fork. Bake for 16 to 17 minutes, until crust is golden. Cool completely on wire rack. If baking the crust a day ahead of assembling the tart, carefully cover with foil to store overnight.

For the filling, combine Mascarpone with milk, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest in a food processor and process until fluffy. To assemble tart, spoon filling into cooled tart shell and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula. Arrange strawberries over filling in a decorative pattern. Place honey in a small bowl and heat in the microwave until melted, about 10 seconds. Use a pastry brush to brush glaze over strawberries. Chill in the refrigerator 2 hours before serving.

Yield – 12 servings
Calories – 245 (per slice)

Not only do I love the flavors you’ve paired in this tart, but it is absolutely breathtaking! The perfect use for local strawberries!

2. Marissa Kubinski says

This tart looks delicious! If using a round tart pan, what size would be equivalent to the ingredients amounts you used? Thanks!

• Tutti Dolci says

Hi Marissa, the graham crust should fit a 9-inch round tart pan. You may have a little extra filling… you could use it as a dip for strawberries, spoon it into phyllo cups, etc. Hope that helps!

Absolutely beautifulLaura, I really would have a hard time cutting into that beauty but the anticipation of the first bite would over rule. Well done!

Oh Laura I can nearly smell the strawberries through the screen.
    My husband and I went strawberry picking last year and I cannot wait until the season starts so we can revisit.
    The smell in the car on the way home… well I wish I could have bottled it up. We bought 2kg and I think I at half of them by the end of the weekend.

Looks delicious! There is nothing more simple and perfect than the combination of sweet berries and rich cream (mascarpone in this case). YUM.

Laura, this is absolutely the most gorgeous strawberry tart I’ve EVER seen. You did such a great job on it! I would love to serve this at a spring or summer party… It might not look half as good as yours, but I’ll still serve it! 😉 Have a great weekend!

Laura, I love it! This tart is beyond beautiful!!

I can’t wait until the Farmer’s Market opens! I go there 3 to 4 times a week during the summer… it’s an obsession. :)

This is beautiful! I’ve been buying strawberries lately but they’re awful. Have to wait until June for the German ones to be in season. :(

And the filling sounds SO good. I hope to try something like this soon!

Every spring I cannot wait for the arrival of juicy vibrant strawberries. Your tart looks spectacular and I want to reach right in. I could eat it for breakfast or dessert.:) Thanks for sharing Laura.

I wouldn’t want to cut into it, it is WAY to pretty! I started buying strawberries at our local produce stand, love fresh local strawberries:-) Hugs, Terra

This is exactly the kind of dessert I’ve been wanting to make. Bought tons of strawberries at the beginning of the week and even already had the mascarpone…but the strawberries didn’t last long at all. We ate a several pounds over a few days. We couldn’t stay away from them. :) Will have to pick up more for this tart. :)

Laura, just found this on Pinterest and Wow. I love the rectangular tart form and it displays wonderfully with the strawberries. Great recipe, thank you for sharing. :)

Chef Felisha

13. Claudia says

This recipe looks great. My question is what flour did you use for the 2 plus 1 cups you haven’t specified. I live in Australia I assume it would be all purpose. Then you combined whole meal.

Could you tell me please.