strawberry frozen yogurt

As the weather starts to heat up (incredibly, 90 degree days are in the weekend forecast), my cravings shift toward the cool and creamy. I love frozen yogurt and am so happy about this guilt-free version to stock in the freezer all summer long.

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt | Tutti Dolci

Sweetened with honey, a splash of Chambord lifts the berry essence while lemon juice adds brightness. Best of all, you don’t need an ice cream maker – with hardly any effort, you’ll soon be enjoying your very own homemade froyo. As for toppings, I like sliced strawberries, a sprinkle of chocolate chips, or both!

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt | Tutti Dolci

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
3 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
1/2 cup honey
1 Tbsp Chambord
1 tsp lemon juice
pinch of salt

Place yogurt in an ultra-fine sieve or a strainer lined with cheesecloth and strain over a bowl in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (or up to overnight).

Place strawberries in a food processor and puree; add strained yogurt, honey, Chambord, lemon juice, and salt. Puree until mixture is smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until set, ideally overnight.

Remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.

Yield – 6 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)

Comments

Looks refreshing and delicious. I am definitely pulling out the ice cream maker these days, too. Can I ask…do you use full-fat Greek yogurt? I’ve only made fro yo once, using fat-full yogurt and keep wondering if I can use low-fat…thank you!

For the past few days we go to a froyo place down the hill after the dinner. I think it’s time to start making my own this season! Strawberry is always my favorite. I’m so jealous you mention that you live close to orchards… Fresh ingredients for frozen treats are always nice! This looks so good!

Looks so lovely and refreshing! Hard to believe that you’ll have 90 degrees! Could you send some of that heat and sun to Seattle? I especially love that it’s light and requires no machine! Brilliant.

Considering it’s so freaking easy and delicious I don’t make nearly as much frozen yoghurt as I should. Love the look of yours Laura… and the lemon and chambord… yum!

I made the mistake of taking my ice cream bowl out of the freezer and filling up that space with other things. Each time I’ve been inspired to make a frozen treat I’ve been disappointed to remember that I don’t have my bowl ready. Glad to know this beautiful froyo doesn’t require one. Love the flavors!

Can’t go wrong with frozen yogurt, besides making it at home would probably save me from loading mine up with toppings. Bring on the heat so we can have more reasons for frozen treats.
    -Gina-

I love that it is homemade ice cream/frozen yogurt season!!!! Hubby and I are already discussing flavors we need to make:-) Your frozen yogurt looks so delicious! Hugs, Terra

I love the fact that no ice cream maker is needed for this. We have one, but I find the whole process to be a pan. This though looks super easy–like something I need to do ASAP with my kids!

Our weather had been so warm and sunny the last couple of weeks, then today it’s in the 40s:( But once it warms up again I’d love to enjoy your frozen yogurt. Thanks for sharing Laura:)

This is perfect timing! I am making frozen yogurt this week and was about to do a search for recipes. Love the idea of adding Chambord. I can’t believe how toasty it’s gotten already too…definitely ready for cool creamy desserts!

Laura, this looks fantastic, so cool and refreshing. We’re just beginning to see the very first homegrown strawberries here in NC, this would be a perfect way to herald in their arrival! Love that it’s so simple!

Oh my gosh!! ~slurp~
    All these amazing strawberry recipes that you are posting are making me drool!! I am heading to the market and will probably buy a case of strawberries … I need to get my fix! 😀