toblerone cookies

If you’re as impatient as I am, you won’t be thrilled to hear that the dough for these Toblerone cookies must be chilled overnight. In the baking world, cookies are akin to instant gratification. However, this baker is here to tell you that some things are worth the wait, so stash the dough in the back of your refrigerator and try your hardest to resist sneaking spoonfuls before the waiting time is up.

Toblerone Cookies | Tutti Dolci

A blend of all-purpose flour and bread flour keeps these cookies incredibly tender and chewy (so does a teaspoon of cornstarch). Aging the dough gives the cookies noticeable depth of flavor; there’s no way to miss the Toblerone, brown sugar, or vanilla. In this instance, cookie delay is sweetly rewarding.

Toblerone Cookies | Tutti Dolci

Toblerone Cookies
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup bread flour
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 Tbsp brown sugar
2 3.25-ounce Toblerone bars, chopped

Whisk together flour, bread flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla and egg; beat until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat just until incorporated. Fold in Toblerone. Transfer dough to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, or up to 3 days.

Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Form 1 1/4″ balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 10 minutes, until golden. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.

Yield – 40 cookies
Calories – 75 (per cookie)

I kind of miss the days of baking cookies as soon as the beaters are pulled from the dough – but refrigeration makes All the difference.

These cookies look heavenly! (I’d definitely have to stash the bowl of dough safely behind my seldom-touched, v8 juice bottles.) 😀

I love Toblerone bars and these cookies look wonderful! They are so pretty and they look like they’re the perfect size for dunking in a cup of coffee. :)

Everyone says that chilling makes a difference but I never notice anything different about them. I guess I’m not that good at cookie… differentiation. Or something. 😉

These look lovely! Love the addition of cornstarch.

Yeah, that overnight chilling does work some magic! And I love, love adding chopped candy bars to cookies…big time wonderful!!!!

5. Lora @cakeduchess says

I have some recipes that you have to chill the dough and some where you don’t and I love either way:)Great use for one of my favorite chocolate bars since forever!!

This is an amazing recipe! A mix of apf and bread flour – always a good idea for cookies if you want two different textures (a more satisfying cookie). And chilling overnight? I can imagine the flavours penetrating each flour granule…so good for baked goods. I will have a hard time resisting sticking my finger into the dough!

I know it would kill my husband to see cookie dough like this in the refrigerator :) Thanks for the recipe Laura, I bet they were a hit at your house.

“In the baking world, cookies are akin to instant gratification. ” – I agree…but I agree more with stash that dough in the back of your fridge and wait it out. Results are so worth it. Love that you used bread flour, AP, and cornstarch. My trifecta for perfect cookies too!

They look so beautiful, Laura! and the addition of toblerone chocolate is just perfect 😉 I made some chocolate chip cookies a few weeks ago and I froze the dough overnight after rolling it into a log: the cookies turned out perfectly, keeping its shape in the oven, without flattening at all.

Take care!

BUT I don’t have any patience….I will find it for this batter though!! They look so perfectly shaped, and sound wonderful! Hugs, Terra

I’m not sure if someone else asked (or it could be just me to ask this silly question) but is it better to wait over night for all kinds of cookies (if we can)? I think I can wait, knowing that the taste is going to be much better. :) I love Toblerone bars and I want to see how bread flour and all purpose flour blend will be like. Curious… :)