cadbury easter egg phyllo cups

I’m usually filled with willpower around candy, but Cadbury Mini Eggs are another story: I can’t seem to resist their charms. Last year I used the pastel eggs in a decadent Cadbury Easter Egg bark; this year I opted for a fresh spin on the traditional Easter nests by swapping the nests for flaky phyllo cups.

Cadbury Easter Egg Phyllo Cups | Tutti Dolci

With a trifecta of chocolate, toasted coconut, and Cadbury Mini Eggs, these phyllo cups are richly satisfying (and too cute!).

Cadbury Easter Egg Phyllo Cups | Tutti Dolci

Cadbury Easter Egg Phyllo Cups | Tutti Dolci

Today I’m a guest post for Chris at The Café Sucré Farine. If her blog is new to you, I encourage you to visit – she shares mouth-watering sweet and savory dishes, and each post is photographed beautifully (her husband is the photographer, they make a creative and talented team). Please visit The Café Sucré Farine for the recipe!

Cadbury Easter Egg Phyllo Cups
15 (1 package) mini phyllo shells
6 Tbsp sweetened flaked coconut
2 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
30 Cadbury Mini Eggs

Preheat oven to 350°F and place phyllo shells on a baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely on a wire rack. Place coconut in a rimmed baking sheet and bake 5 to 7 minutes, until golden. Immediately place into a small bowl to cool.

Place chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Arrange phyllo shells on a rimmed baking sheet and fill halfway with melted chocolate.

Top with toasted coconut and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minute. Place two Cadbury eggs in each shell and chill another 10 minutes, until chocolate is set. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.

Yield – 15 cups
Calories – 95 (per cup)

Comments

These Cadbury mini eggs are (one of) my weaknesses too! I was just thinking I need to pick up another small bag before they’re gone. Great use of the phyllo cups as nests – love how versatile they are.

You know what Laura, I knew you will make something amazing when you share these colorful eggs on your IG. I was right. But I was expecting cookies or some sort, but you totally surprised me with these little cutest treats. I am in love! Off to Chris’s.

laura, these are TOO cute! i love those eggs and miss all the american easter candy in general over here. i guess i can’t complain though, since giant chocolate eggs with surprises inside are what italians eat. :) happy easter!

Laura,
    Thanks you so much for your beautiful guest post. Everyone is loving it. I think I forgot to tell you that part of guest posting at The Café was to send a double batch of whatever you made here for us to sample ………. :)

5. Mercedes says

Cadbury mini eggs are the only candy that have broken me this Easter too! I cannot resist that perfectly sweet milk chocolate! I love this idea for a simple, yet festive dessert!

i can’t resist their charms either! what is it with those cadbury easter eggs…they get me over and over every year at Easter…yours look so cute in the phyllo cups..if i attempt to make i will see if i don’t eat them all before hand. lol

7. Lora @cakeduchess says

So sweet and fun! I will have to make these for the kiddos next year. I’ll print it out and save it in my special place of recipes to try soon. Perfect for Chris’ blog!

Beautiful, Laura – and not too heavy for this time of year either. Can easily be eaten after the chocolate indulgence :D. I’m so gutted, I couldn’t find mini-eggs anywhere this year :( Seems like they sold out in all of England or something :'(