baileys irish cream thumbprints

I’ll keep this post brief – in the last 24 hours, our thoughts and prayers have been directed toward the Connecticut tragedy. Words seem inadequate at this time, yet I’m reminded that life is short and there is no time to leave important things unsaid. In this season of busyness, spend time with those you love. Give thanks for every blessing and take time to reflect upon what is truly important.

Baileys Irish Cream Thumbprints | Tutti Dolci

These Baileys Irish Cream thumbprints are rich little bites; the deeply chocolate cookies are filled with silky smooth ganache. You will have extra ganache – let it firm up in the refrigerator and roll into truffles for a decadent edible gift.

Baileys Irish Cream Thumbprints | Tutti Dolci

Baileys Irish Cream Thumbprints
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar

Ganache
2/3 cup heavy cream
6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream

Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt in a large bowl. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla, then reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until combined.

Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets and press a well into the center of each with the handle of a wooden spoon. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes. Bake for 7 minutes, then remove from oven and press centers again. Bake until firm, 5 minutes more. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

For the ganache, pour cream into a saucepan and bring just to a boil over high heat. Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl; pour cream over chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes; whisk in Baileys. Working quickly, use a spoon to fill each thumbprint with warm ganache. Let set before serving. Use extra ganache for Baileys Irish Cream Truffles.

Yield – 54 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)

Comments

These are amazingly delicious looking and your words are so true. It’s easy to get so busy at this time of the year and not take the time to say and do the things that really matter. So sadly this tragedy is a poignant reminder of this to each of us.

I love your second picture Laura and when I saw the title of the recipe, i just had to rush here and read it myself. Even if I am so far away, I felt like I was also slashed in the heart after learning about the terrible tragedy. I cannot get over the fact that 20 little children were just shot to death. I think the whole world is suffering, parent or non-parent.

The news this weekend has been a shocking jolt of reality during the holiday season. A heartbreaking reminder to enjoy each and every minute of each and every day.

I am finally starting my holiday baking by searching for new cookie recipes to try. I enjoy picking out the recipes almost as much as the process of baking! Your blog is full if sweet ideas, especially the the Baileys Irish Cream Thumbprints!

It has been a rough couple of days. I feel like I’m just starting to come away from the shock a bit. I’ve been indulging in the sugar a bit too much and I have a feeling I would eat the entire batch of these beautiful cookies.

The tragedy in CT is just too much…! As a mother to young children – same age as some of the victims – this is so heartbreaking! Incomprehensible, undescribable – I have no words. The pain, the loss, the fear these people are going through…I hope the road to healing will be quick, although I know this is easier said than done.

On a different note, why can’t we all just release anger and frustration through baking? The world will be a better place for it!

Even after several days, we still cannot believe what happened last Friday. I lose words to express. I heard about Baileys Irish Cream several times now, and now I wish to try how it’s like to be in this thumbprint cookies! It’s unique and delicious! I bet your home smells so nice everyday…. :)