pumpkin spice blossoms

When I spotted my friend Roxana’s beautiful Pumpkin Spice Kiss Blondies recently, I was immediately intrigued. As a pumpkin lover, I couldn’t believe that I had never tried pumpkin spice kisses, or even knew of their existence! Thanks to Roxana, I saw the light and picked up two bags in my next trip to the store.

Pumpkin Spice Blossoms | Tutti Dolci

I paired my pillowy pumpkin cookies with the creamy kisses for a seasonal spin on the classic blossom cookie. Fellow pumpkin addicts will appreciate the double hit of pumpkin spice in these blossoms. The kisses melt much more easily than chocolate kisses, so let the cookies set up in the fridge before serving (unless you don’t mind a melting kiss with your warm cookie!).

Pumpkin Spice Blossoms
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup pure pumpkin
4 dozen Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses

Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt in a medium bowl.

Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour mixture.

Form 1 1/4″ balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 12 minutes until edges are firm. Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets, then transfer cookies to wire racks. Press a pumpkin spice kiss into each cookie, then transfer wire racks to the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.

Yield – 4 dozen cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)

Oh my goodness, what an irresistible fall cookie! These would be perfect to take to the Halloween party I’m attending. Both adults and children would savor these sweet treats! BTW, I prefer the melting kiss and a warm cookie!

Lovely seasonal cookies Laura! My recent discovery was butterscotch chocolate chips, and there is pumpkin spice kisses? I wonder what new flavors are coming out next. Fall must be bakers’ fun time of the year with holidays and lots of gift opportunities. These cookies are perfect timing to celebrate autumn!

3. Jennifer | Mother Thyme says

I have never tried pumpkin spice kisses either but you have given me reason to get them! I always love peanut butter blossoms so these are definitely a great fall version!

My kids are going to love pressing those Kiss candies on the cookies – that is, if they don’t eat them first! I can’t blame them! It will be so tempting to just polish off a whole batch of these. Not that I’ve done it before, ahem…! As usual, excellent post, Laura!

I need to locate these kisses, I have not seen them yet:-) I am all about the warm cookie and melting chocolate, sounds perfect to me! You cookies look so delicious! Hugs, Terra

I’ve never made pumpkin cookies myself, but these are undoubtedly inspiring, especially for the weather – just gorgeous. Be well!

I’ve never heard of pumpkin spice Kisses either but they sound great. I’ll have to look for them the next time I go to the store. Your cookies are adorable–since they’re pumpkin they’d be okay to have for breakfast, right? :)

I always make peanut blossoms for Christmas…and now you’ve opened a whole new world of possibilities! I’m going to be scoping out the Kiss varieties very soon…these look fantastic!

9. Darla says

I have these in the fridge and the batter is really sticky,what did I do wrong? I am not sure I can get them to roll. Thanks for any advice!

• Tutti Dolci says

Hi Darla, the batter is fairly sticky – you can chill for about 30 minutes if necessary. Another option is to use a small cookie scoop coated with nonstick spray (that’s what I used). Hope that helps!