cinnamon chip, maple, & oatmeal cookies

On a recent evening, I found myself with nothing for dessert except a fresh tub of vanilla bean ice cream. As I searched the pantry for something to dress up my bowl of plain vanilla, I happened upon a bag of cinnamon chips and a bottle of maple syrup. I was two bites into my cinnamon chip and maple sundae (warm the maple syrup before drizzling!) when the idea of using those elements in a cookie came to me. After two quickly disappearing batches, I can say that these cinnamon chip, maple, and oatmeal cookies are perfection.

Cinnamon Chip, Maple, & Oatmeal Cookies | Tutti Dolci

Maple and cinnamon perfume the chewy oatmeal cookies while the King Arthur Flour cinnamon mini baking chips melt into each bite. Stay tuned for an upcoming recipe with cinnamon chips and the chance to win your own bag!

Cinnamon Chip, Maple, & Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup cinnamon chips

Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Place oats on a baking sheet; toast until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Remove oats from oven and place in a medium bowl; whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Beat butter and sugars in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until fluffy. Beat in maple syrup, egg, and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. Fold in cinnamon chips.

Form 1 1/4″ balls of dough and place two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 9 to 10 minutes or until cookies are golden. Cool for 1 minute on baking sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.

Yield – 36 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)

Comments

How brilliant is this! I love when amazing desserts come out of nothing but just searching the pantry! I have been loving cinnamon chips lately!

I just saw the review of these cinnamon chips on the link and everyone seem to love this! I can create savory recipes but I still don’t know how to come up with a dessert recipes with inspiration I get. Like I have no idea how much flour or butter to add etc… It’s been a good learning for me to check baked goods recipes! You make such a wonderful desserts/snacks, Laura!

I do love cinnamon chips and cookies so there isn’t anything I don’t love here! They are cute and perfect little gems to pack in a lunch, thanks Laura!

Simple vanilla ice cream leads to so many wonderful things. (I can’t wait to try warm maple syrup on ice cream.) This cookie inspiration was a stroke of genius! They look wonderfully autunm-y!!

Honestly, I really need to bake with oats or oatmeal soon. Been long overdue. I was on a wave love the nuttiness and health but somehow need to revamp. Thanks for the inspiration!

Hmmm, we don’t get those cinnamon chips here in Canada yet (I feel like such a backwards nation now…hahaha). Mmmmm, I can smell the spices and maple and oatmeal going on…I hope when I wake up tomorrow morning, the cookie fairy will have some ready for me :) LOL!

7. Lora @cakeduchess says

You remind me to buy some cinnamon chips this season. I only found them once last year. Such a simple and flavorful cookie I’d love for breakfast this morning, Laura:)

That does it, I’m ordering my cinnamon chips right now. I’ve been seeing those chips pop up and I want them so bad, lol. Especially if they are in cookies.
    -Gina-

It sounds like your ideas come to you much in the same way mine do. Isn’t it fun when it hits you?! And what a great idea this one was – YUM! {Also, I love the idea of warming up maple syrup to put on ice cream. I think a sprinkle of crushed red pepper would be yummy with it, too!}

I adore King Arthur Flour products! Each new catalog demands all my attention as soon as it arrives. I have yet to try the cinnamon chips but I can see I will need to remedy this situation soon, as your cookies are just splendid!

I’m not sure why I haven’t thought of maple syrup–warm maple syrup–on icecream before, but I definitely want to try it now! You won me over to cooking with balsamic vinegar (maybe not on icecream yet) so why not maple syrup!

I made these yesterday, so good! I’d never toasted oats before and they added a wonderful flavor. I used a full teaspoon of cinnamon and whole wheat white flour, plus cane sugar instead of white, but otherwise stuck pretty closely to the recipe. Very delicious. I love your creativity and hope I can get to the point of inventing my own recipes as well. Really great cookies. I blogged them too.