caramelized pear streusel bread

I’m beginning to sense the chill in the morning air when I throw open the windows and doors to let the sun in. I hurry to make my morning espresso, wanting to soak in the marvelous warmth. I crave a comforting breakfast, too. A slice of this caramelized pear streusel bread is just what I need to start the day.

Caramelized Pear Streusel Bread | Tutti Dolci

Filled with tender nuggets of caramelized pear and warming spices, I could make a batch of these breads weekly – in fact, I baked these twice in three days! Don’t forget about the streusel topping – it adds a lovely sprinkle of indulgence.

Caramelized Pear Streusel Bread

1/3 cup brown sugar

Streusel Topping
1/4 cup rolled oats
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp chilled unsalted butter, diced

Preheat oven to 350°F and place a baking sheet in oven; spray 3 mini (5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″) loaf pans with nonstick spray. For the pears, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pears and brown sugar; sauté until tender and golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Gently fold in pears.

For the streusel topping, whisk together oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; use a pastry cutter to cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Divide batter evenly between loaf pans; top with streusel.

Place pans on preheated baking sheet and bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 23 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely. Wrap breads well and store in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Warm before serving.

Yield – 3 loaves, 6 servings per loaf (serving size: 1 slice)

If you open a bakery, I will be right there at your front door, always ahead of the pack. I love all your creations and this one looks sooooo good! Same here, we had the chill, then heat & humidity, now the temp is slowly going down but not really so typical of autumn.

I love baking with pears and the way you’ve packaged your delicious loaves, somebody will be very happy to receive baked bread from your kitchen;-)

You know that somethings good when you make it more than once in a few days. This combination sounds so tasty! “Caramelized” and “crumble topping” are always welcome words in my book.

I have been sleeping so well thanks to the cooler air and open windows! Fall is definitely in the air! I sometimes like pears even more than apples and I bet they make this bread especially moist!

Loving this!! I have a pear tree that is full, and I am collecting recipes from all over the place to use them up. Your creation is going to be in that oven very very soon.

I love when we can create a recipe that has us going back to the kitchen for more! Your bread really does look fantastic, and seriously that streusel top looks AWESOME! Hugs, Terra

That chunk of caramelized pear sticking out of the slice of the bread is driving me crazy!!! I want to be able to put it in my mouth! These look lovely, Laura! Love the beautiful touch with the wrapping, too! Have a beautiful Friday!

8. Lora @cakeduchess says

Caramelized any thing makes me happy. Caramelized pear bread-oh my goodness. Just love this streusel quick bread and want a slice now with my coffee. Enjoy the temp changes-I’m envious;)

Yum this sounds like a lovely bread, years ago I had a friend that gave me tons of pears from his tree and I made a bread like this and it was so good. I Thanks for the reminder of how good pears can be in baked goods.

It’s that time of year when I am torn between bringing home apples or pears. After seeing this scrumptious recipe with caramelized pears, I know pears will find their way into my shopping cart this week, a lovely fall post!

11. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme says

What a lovely combo! I would love this with my coffee in the morning! I can just smell this baking in my kitchen now… :)

Totally agree – although I’m usually not that wide awake in the morning to enjoy coffee… it’s usually a case of tumbling out of bed, into my clothes, down to the car and off I go to work 😀

Lovely looking bread though – I love streusel… I can’t believe I’d never had it until early last year… what was I missing?!!!

I haven’t made pear bread in eons! Yours looks so moist and incredible!!! Beautifully presented…I’d be filled with glee if I received a loaf :)

Beautiful bread, Laura. Anything with fall fruits and a touch of caramelization makes me happy. What a satisfying recipe! Thank you for sharing…and whetting my appetite for something sweet. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Oh my, I can see why you baked so much this week! I’m not sure what is making me swoon more, the caramelized pear or the streusel. I’m glad this has both!

The texture of your loaf looks great. It’s still not that cool here in Italy and I am not complaining. Apparently back in NZ, it is not being so kind weatherwise so I want to stay here.

Hi Laura – sorry I’m a bit late here but I adore your mini size breads… One day I need to invest on those smaller pans so that I can decorate like you did for this delicious bread. Also I’ve never made streusel with the bread, so I have to work on that too. Every time I see your post, I’m inspired by something new. :)

18. Grammy says

I just took the loaves of Caramel Pear Strusel Bread out of the oven. Papa couldn’t wait for it to cool and neither could I. It is moist, light, and has just a touch of cinnamon and the sweetness of the carmelized pears.
    I think it will be even more flavorful the next day as the flavors meld. I will love having them in my freezer for unexpected guests.
    Thank you Laura for this most delicious recipe.