very berry popsicles

In the depths of August, fresh berries practically burst with ripeness and it seems as though I can’t eat them fast enough. I certainly try, slicing strawberries over my granola, popping blueberries into my mouth for a morning snack. Yet I still can’t keep up with this abundance of ripe right now fruit. Enter these very berry popsicles, the essence of summer in frozen form. I paired strawberries with blueberries for my first round; as always, use whatever blend of berries that appeals to you, the sweeter the better!

Chambord enhances the wonderful berry flavor of these pops, but if you prefer, you can substitute a tablespoon of fruity balsamic vinegar. Here’s to a few more weeks of carefree popsicle days!

Very Berry Popsicles
2 cups water
1 cup strawberries, pureed
2 cups blueberries, pureed
2 Tbsp Chambord
pinch of salt
1 cup blueberries

Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil then simmer until sugar has completely dissolved, 5-6 minutes. Remove syrup from heat and stir in pureed fruit. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard solids; stir in Chambord and salt. Divide blueberries evenly among popsicle molds. Fill each mold with 1/3 cup mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch of space at the top of each mold. Use a skewer to gently distribute blueberries in mixture.

Let freeze one hour before inserting popsicle sticks; continue to freeze until completely firm, 4 to 6 hours more. Run molds under hot water 30 to 45 seconds before unmolding, or let stand at room temperature 5 minutes. Wrap popsicles individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer up to 3 weeks.

Yield – 10 popsicles

Hi Laura! You’ve shared some very refreshing, sweet and fruity frozen popsicles this Summer – it’s been fun to see all your creations;-) I love the color of these very berry popsicles and they sure do look delicious;-)

Laura…..these are beautiful! I think I would like them equally with chambord or balsamic vinegar. Too bad they wouldn’t keep longer. It would be nice to pull one of these out of the freezer on a dreary winter day! The color is gorgeous….and just think….I’d be wearing that same shade on my lips for hours after! : )

Wait, was I the only one who didn’t know what Chambords mean? Okay now I learned what it is. 😀 I’m just jealous of your abundant fruits! I stopped buying blueberries like crazy because the price went up a bit. I used to eat like two cups of fresh blueberries as snack, but not any more. I’d love to help you eat your fruits! 😉 I love your Popsicles! It looks “very berry” and that’s how I like it all the time!

My Popsicle mold arrived (love Amazon!) and is languishing, unused. Your lush berry pops are propelling me to mix up a batch and savor summer berries before they disappear into fall’s harvest of apples and pears. A joyful ode to summer’s remaining days!

5. Lora @cakeduchess says

Such a gorgeous and rich color. I bet the flavor tasted of summer’s sweet berries. Such pretty photos, Laura.

oh these look VERY delish! We have finally had a warm day with spring in only 2 weeks time here, however summer berry fruits are still sooooo expensive. This is on my ‘to make list’. We have a cute little liquor here called ‘blackberry nip’ that would go very nicely with this I think :-)

Laura, these popsicle are gorgeous! Tiffany loves strawberry ice-cream and like a sneaky mom that I am I blend frozen straberry with yogurt and freeze them as an ice-cream treat hehe but I think I should make some real ice-cream before the summer’s end