irish cream & mascarpone gelato

I have a bit of an addiction to Mascarpone. I love to spread it on graham crackers or a slice of toast for a snack, and since my fridge is rarely without a tub, I find ways to use it as an ingredient whenever possible. Earlier this year, I made Irish Cream brownies to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. While the fudgy brownies are incredibly decadent, it was the whipped Irish Cream and Mascarpone topping that put them in my top-10 list. Those brownies (and especially that topping!) inspired me to create a frozen treat to enjoy now, in the height of the summer heat.

Mascarpone adds a sweet flavor and creamy texture to this gelato, which distinctly profiles the cream-based liqueur. I like to dress up each serving with a splash of Baileys and a sprinkle of chocolate chips for the ultimate indulgence!

Irish Cream & Mascarpone Gelato
1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup Mascarpone, softened slightly
6 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream

Combine low-fat milk, whole milk, Mascarpone, sugar, Baileys, and vanilla extract in a food processor or blender; process until combined. Chill mixture for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator before pouring into frozen cylinder of ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spoon mixture into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer for another hour or until firm.

Yield – 6 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)

Comments

What a gorgeous combination, the creamy texture alone I bet was beyond amazing! I remember when I discovered Irish cream, and had to have it in my coffee always. There is something about the flavor, it is soooo delicious! Now I need some Irish Cream Mascarpone Gelato:-) Hugs, Terra

Beautiful – so creamy! I bet the mascarpone and Irish cream gives a wonderful texture and flavour! Perfect for summer too… today was SO hot here :(

Laura…you’ve used two of my favorite ingredients here! I love Irish Cream and I use mascarpone often in my baking, too! So both of these, in a gelato, would really make my day! GREAT photos! : )

OMG girl, this is deadly. I love mascarpone so much I can’t keep it around. I try to buy as much as I need to a recipe and that’s it! Otherwise I’d use it in and on everything. And I looooooove Baileys. Love.

Drool.

i remember the irish cream brownies! They have been on my list forever (or so it feels). this gelato looks amazing, laura! I’m with you on that mascarpone addiction!

I’m with you on that mascarpone addiction! It’s just so creamy…

What a fun & unique recipe, Laura! I love all the twists you give to your recipes to make them upscale & elegant. How is it that you don’t have a cookbook deal yet? I’ll be first in line!

I could have used a scoop of your gelato last week in the heat and humidity of New Jersey/New York! Looks really good, love all your colors- beautiful styling:-)

8. Lora @cakeduchess says

Irish Cream and mascarpone is a super fun summer ice-cream combo. Mascarpone has such a lovely velvety texture and delicate flavor that is perfect for gelato:)

Me too, I’m right there with you on the “Mascarpone Addition”, it is one of the few cheeses I can eat, I could sip on a shot of Bailey’s after dinner.

You haven’t shared a gelato recipe that I haven’t wanted to try. That can be considered a double-negative, couldn’t it, but you know what I mean, LOL! I love, love mascarpone and I can only imagine how wonderful this is with the Irish Cream. Another winner, Laura. :)