individual spiced peach cobblers

I love individual desserts. It probably stems from the fact that I don’t like to share, or that I don’t share very willingly! When it comes to this spiced peach cobbler, individual servings are ideal – this way, you don’t miss out on even a spoonful of peachy filling. Fresh yellow peaches fuse with honey and a splash of peach balsamic vinegar to create a dessert that can only be described as a peach lover’s dream.

I spiced up the biscuit topping with cinnamon and allspice – the warm notes complement the sweet peaches beautifully. If you like, add your topping of choice (whipped cream, ice cream) and reach for a spoon. This is one cobbler you won’t have to (or want to) share!

Individual Spiced Peach Cobblers

1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
3 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
2 Tbsp low-fat milk

Preheat oven to 400°F and spray 8 (6-ounce) ramekins with nonstick spray; place ramekins on a baking sheet. Toss peaches, honey, balsamic, almond extract, flour and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.

For the biscuit topping, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice in a large bowl. Dice butter into 1/2-inch pieces; sprinkle over flour mixture and use a pastry cutter to cut in evenly until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine yogurt, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until moist. Lightly flour hands and knead mixture 3 or 4 times in the bowl, just until dough comes together.

Spoon 1/2-cup fruit mixture into each ramekin; top with spoonfuls of biscuit dough. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until juices are bubbling and biscuit topping is golden. Let cool slightly on a wire rack before serving. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator; warm before serving.

Yield – 8 servings

These little cobblers look like beautiful, edible versions of summer! That spiced, biscuit topping sounds like something I’d love to eat with a spoon…no sharing. ;D

I love that you added peach balsamic to this. I also love that every time I visit you I get more great ideas for food styling! Summer peaches are everywhere right now and I can’t seem to get enough. I made a peach-blueberry cobbler yesterday!

They look lovely. I love individual desserts too. Sometimes I just don’t have enough of the little dishes though but I’m trying to build up a collection. Love peach cobbler!

A luscious summer treat! The addition of cinnamon and allspice hints of fall on the horizon. I so don’t want summer to end!

Beautiful photos! For the last few weeks I’ve been picking up peaches at the farmers market and they have been so good- your recipe is coming at a very good time;-) Love all your spices and the lightly sweetened biscuit topping- just a lovely Summer dessert;-)

I love individual desserts too, but that is because I don’t like to share my desserts LOL!!! I just said to hubby, we need to eat up a couple peaches in the fridge, this would be a perfect recipe! They look delicious:-) Hugs, Terra

I like adding spices to my peach dishes especially cobber. I like the addition of the peach balsamic vinegar :) too. Beautiful photos for a yummy dessert.

Individual desserts work perfect for family with two small kids who often fight for the last piece! Not to mention when their mommy tend to be the one who wants to eat the last piece. 😀 I’m loving your summer fruit desserts you have been baking/making. This looks delicious!

Peach is always a delight to enjoy this summer…Amazing color! Can’t wait to try this cobbler recipe…
    Thanks for joining the YUMGOGGLE gallery. We appreciate that you took the time to share your photos with our visitors and we will always be grateful to your support. Keep in touch! 😉

I love the idea of serving individual desserts, feels very special. And of course, as you said, you get it all to yourself! Wonderful combination of flavors. I have to try out your biscuits using yogurt. Sounds delicious!

These look delicious! I could eat a whole batch of cobbler on my own, so maybe if they were in individual servings, I could control myself! Maybe…

I haven’t really made peach cobblers before, but I’ve tried some from restaurants and I love how “homey” they are! What a lovely way to end the day – with individual cups of peach cobbler! And for some reason, this reminds me of the South (U.S.)…heeheehee…

Hubs wanted me to make a peach pie with some of the peaches I picked this weekend. I’ve always preferred cobblers (my southern roots) and these little individual servings are adorable – better for the waistline when there’s only two of you, too :)

i must admit that i’ve never heard of peach balsamic vinegar. got to get my hands on some of that yummy stuff. love the idea of these little individual peach cobblers. photography is superb! be well, roz

Laura! I am with you. Though I usually share well, it’s nice to have a little dessert all to yourself! These are such a beautiful showcase for summer peaches. I love that little zing of peach balsamic vinegar. And I will definitely have a scoop of ice cream with mine! Lovely photos! : )

Haha, I’m the same – I hate sharing, and it always seems that someone wants to sample my food right when I have only two or three mouthfuls left 😀 Lovely looking cobblers, and totally agree: making individual servings is the way to go with some things!

Peach cobbler is one of my favorite deserts! I love your individual ones! I can’t wait to try these. They look amazingly gooood! : )

Danielle xo

18. Lora @cakeduchess says

Individual desserts are so much fun:)I’ve yet to make individual peach cobblers look fabulous:)