individual spiced peach cobblers

August 3, 2012

in Cobblers, Crisps & Crumbles

I love individual desserts. It probably stems from the fact that I don’t like to share, or that I don’t share very willingly! When it comes to this spiced peach cobbler, individual servings are ideal – this way, you don’t miss out on even a spoonful of peachy filling. Fresh yellow peaches fuse with honey and a splash of peach balsamic vinegar to create a dessert that can only be described as a peach lover’s dream.

I spiced up the biscuit topping with cinnamon and allspice – the warm notes complement the sweet peaches beautifully. If you like, add your topping of choice (whipped cream, ice cream) and reach for a spoon. This is one cobbler you won’t have to (or want to) share!

Individual Spiced Peach Cobblers

1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp allspice
3 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
2 Tbsp low-fat milk

Preheat oven to 400°F and spray 8 (6-ounce) ramekins with nonstick spray; place ramekins on a baking sheet. Toss peaches, honey, balsamic, almond extract, flour and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.

For the biscuit topping, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice in a large bowl. Dice butter into 1/2-inch pieces; sprinkle over flour mixture and use a pastry cutter to cut in evenly until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine yogurt, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until moist. Lightly flour hands and knead mixture 3 or 4 times in the bowl, just until dough comes together.

Spoon 1/2-cup fruit mixture into each ramekin; top with spoonfuls of biscuit dough. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until juices are bubbling and biscuit topping is golden. Let cool slightly on a wire rack before serving. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator; warm before serving.

Yield – 8 servings

1 Jen @ Savory Simple August 3, 2012

Pinned immediately. I looooove peach cobbler and this is such a great upgrade to the dessert!

2 Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious August 3, 2012

Just look at that juiciness! And I love that they’re portioned out – helps with portion control and all but I think I’ll still have 2 of these :)

3 Jean (Lemons and Anchovies) August 3, 2012

I love individual desserts, too. Love these, Laura. I can almost taste and smell the cinnamon and allspice–great additions!

Thanks again for the onion recipe–can’t wait to try it!

4 Valerie August 3, 2012

These little cobblers look like beautiful, edible versions of summer! That spiced, biscuit topping sounds like something I’d love to eat with a spoon…no sharing. ;D

5 the wicked noodle August 3, 2012

I love that you added peach balsamic to this. I also love that every time I visit you I get more great ideas for food styling! Summer peaches are everywhere right now and I can’t seem to get enough. I made a peach-blueberry cobbler yesterday!

6 Averie @ Averie Cooks August 3, 2012

love peach cobbler and love that you made them in individual ramekins – so cute that way!

7 Kankana August 3, 2012

I was planning to make biscuits anyways .. i think i will save some and try a cobbler. Love mini desserts .. which are individuals too!

8 Sawsan (Chef in disguise) August 3, 2012

Peach lover’s dream..count me in!
I love the addition of balsamic vinegar here. It must add an interesting note to the dessert

9 Hotly Spiced August 3, 2012

They look lovely. I love individual desserts too. Sometimes I just don’t have enough of the little dishes though but I’m trying to build up a collection. Love peach cobbler!

10 Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking August 3, 2012

I love individual desserts too, but not because I don’t like to share but I find them way prettier than then full size ones. Maybe it’s just me.
These cobblers sound delicious Laura!

11 sara August 3, 2012

Oooh, this looks gorgeous! Individual desserts are so much fun, and the flavors hear sound amazing!

12 Carol | a cup of mascarpone August 3, 2012

These look amazing, Laura…and I love individual sizes for portion control!! :) As always, your photos exude such happiness!

13 Jessica@AKitchenAddiction August 3, 2012

Oh, this sounds wonderful! I need to try peach balsamic vinegar!

14 Sandra's Easy Cooking August 3, 2012

Oh wow….I love love love this Laura! Great idea, and picture perfect dessert!

15 Deb August 3, 2012

A luscious summer treat! The addition of cinnamon and allspice hints of fall on the horizon. I so don’t want summer to end!

16 The Café Sucré Farine August 3, 2012

I’m with you, I like my own dessert! I like to eat it slow and savor each bite. I would certainly do that with these, they look fantastic!

17 Patty August 3, 2012

Beautiful photos! For the last few weeks I’ve been picking up peaches at the farmers market and they have been so good- your recipe is coming at a very good time;-) Love all your spices and the lightly sweetened biscuit topping- just a lovely Summer dessert;-)

18 Terra August 3, 2012

I love individual desserts too, but that is because I don’t like to share my desserts LOL!!! I just said to hubby, we need to eat up a couple peaches in the fridge, this would be a perfect recipe! They look delicious:-) Hugs, Terra

19 Suzanne August 3, 2012

I like adding spices to my peach dishes especially cobber. I like the addition of the peach balsamic vinegar :) too. Beautiful photos for a yummy dessert.

20 Nami | Just One Cookbook August 4, 2012

Individual desserts work perfect for family with two small kids who often fight for the last piece! Not to mention when their mommy tend to be the one who wants to eat the last piece. :D I’m loving your summer fruit desserts you have been baking/making. This looks delicious!

21 Helena/RIco sin Azúcar August 4, 2012

Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe and submitting it to the #peachlove Bloghop!
I love cumbre desserts combined with fruits. Beautiful pics, too!

22 yumgoggle August 4, 2012

Peach is always a delight to enjoy this summer…Amazing color! Can’t wait to try this cobbler recipe…
Thanks for joining the YUMGOGGLE gallery. We appreciate that you took the time to share your photos with our visitors and we will always be grateful to your support. Keep in touch! ;)

23 Jennifer @ Mother Thyme August 4, 2012

Great recipe! These are beautiful! I love individual desserts too!

24 Amy @ ElephantEats August 4, 2012

You know, I’ve made so many fruit crisps in my lifetime but never a cobbler! I think I need to change that…this looks delicious. And I’m with you on the sharing ;)

25 The Wimpy Vegetarian August 4, 2012

I love these little peach cobblers! I love little individual desserts! Sending you some #peachlove all month!

26 Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella August 4, 2012

I really like individual desserts too-something about innate portion control appeals to me and these look so good that I would be in danger of overindulging! ;)

27 Linda August 4, 2012

I love the idea of serving individual desserts, feels very special. And of course, as you said, you get it all to yourself! Wonderful combination of flavors. I have to try out your biscuits using yogurt. Sounds delicious!

28 Susan August 4, 2012

Hey, Laura – great minds think alike! Peaches are my favorite fruit, so we have to make the most of them! My husband also made Amaretto-Peach Ice Cream with white peaches, but I forgot to take photos, so we’ll have to make it again!

I think I finally got my FB act together. Check it out: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Create-Amazing-Meals/120717931386888

Thanks for the gentle prod! Enjoy your weekend!

29 Tutti Dolci August 4, 2012

Excellent, I found you! :) Oh please do make that ice cream again, it sounds fantastic!

30 Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet August 4, 2012

I love your individual cobblers, Laura! So much easier to serve! Your addition of spices reminds me soon it will be fall! Have a sweet weekend :)

31 Jenn and Seth August 4, 2012

i love individual desserts, it just seems more fun! these are some really lovely cobblers, i adore the spices you used in the biscuits!

32 Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef August 4, 2012

Peach cobbler is a favorite of mine and these look lovely!

33 Riley August 4, 2012

These look delicious! I could eat a whole batch of cobbler on my own, so maybe if they were in individual servings, I could control myself! Maybe…

34 Jen L | Tartine ans Apron Strings August 4, 2012

I haven’t really made peach cobblers before, but I’ve tried some from restaurants and I love how “homey” they are! What a lovely way to end the day – with individual cups of peach cobbler! And for some reason, this reminds me of the South (U.S.)…heeheehee…

35 Priscilla@ShesCookin August 4, 2012

Hubs wanted me to make a peach pie with some of the peaches I picked this weekend. I’ve always preferred cobblers (my southern roots) and these little individual servings are adorable – better for the waistline when there’s only two of you, too :)

36 roz August 5, 2012

i must admit that i’ve never heard of peach balsamic vinegar. got to get my hands on some of that yummy stuff. love the idea of these little individual peach cobblers. photography is superb! be well, roz

37 Tutti Dolci August 5, 2012

Thanks Roz! If you can’t find peach balsamic, you can use lemon juice instead.

38 Anne@FromMySweetHeart August 5, 2012

Laura! I am with you. Though I usually share well, it’s nice to have a little dessert all to yourself! These are such a beautiful showcase for summer peaches. I love that little zing of peach balsamic vinegar. And I will definitely have a scoop of ice cream with mine! Lovely photos! : )

39 Charles August 5, 2012

Haha, I’m the same – I hate sharing, and it always seems that someone wants to sample my food right when I have only two or three mouthfuls left :D Lovely looking cobblers, and totally agree: making individual servings is the way to go with some things!

40 Lisa { AuthenticSuburbanGourmet } August 5, 2012

I too LOVE individual desserts! They present so well when having a dinner party or simply watching TV. Yours look divine! Pinning NOW! ;-)

41 Danielle August 5, 2012

Peach cobbler is one of my favorite deserts! I love your individual ones! I can’t wait to try these. They look amazingly gooood! : )

Danielle xo

42 Betsy @JavaCupcake August 6, 2012

What a super sweet idea… making them individual! <3

Pleasure bloghopping with you!

<3 Betsy

43 foodwanderings August 6, 2012

Ooh love these spiced peach cobblers. Absolutely scrumptious!

44 Baker Street August 6, 2012

I love individual treats too! these spiced cobblers look amazing! peaches and cinnamon were just meant to be!

45 Ali @ Gimme Some Oven August 6, 2012

These are adorable!!! Love the peach love! :)

46 Lora @cakeduchess August 6, 2012

Individual desserts are so much fun:)I’ve yet to make individual peach cobblers look fabulous:)

47 Christina @ The Hungry Australian August 7, 2012

Such a gorgeous recipe and I am LOVING your photography and styling.

48 Magic of Spice August 23, 2012

These are incredible…love the flavors added with the topping, just heavenly! And I too prefer individual desserts, not so good at sharing either ;)