piña colada popsicles

Sometimes, I find myself escaping reality for a few moments. I’ll close my eyes and envision a pure white beach in the tropics, with crystal waves rolling into shore and palm trees swaying in the gentle breeze. When I need a mini-vacation, these piña colada popsicles are just the ticket to a few minutes of bliss. Sweetened with agave nectar and punched up with coconut oil, all that’s missing is the paper umbrella.

Piña Colada Popsicles
3 cups pineapple, pureed
2 cups coconut milk
5 Tbsp agave nectar
2 tsp raw coconut oil
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp white rum
1 cup pineapple, diced

Combine pineapple puree, coconut milk, agave nectar, coconut oil, salt, and rum in a food processor or blender; process until smooth and combined. Divide diced pineapple evenly among popsicle molds. Fill each mold with 1/3 cup mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch of space at the top of each mold. Use a skewer to gently distribute diced pineapple in mixture.

Let freeze one hour before inserting popsicle sticks; continue to freeze until completely firm, 4 to 6 hours more. Run molds under hot water 30 to 45 seconds before unmolding, or let stand at room temperature 5 minutes. Wrap popsicles individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer up to 3 weeks.

Yield – 10 popsicles

yum! Does the agave nectar keep them from freezing quite so hard? And what popsicle molds do you use? I like their design a lot!

Adore the pineapple paired with the coconut milk! Certain to evoke a warm vacation retreat with days of lounging and indulgence. A bit of sunshine all packaged up in a Popsicle, just fabulous!

Wonderfully made..i can see why they transport you to the Exotic Tropical vacation…now I need something like that to check myself for a moment out of the reality and every day life hahaha..
    Great recipe, and wonderful pic!!
    Wishing you wonderful week ahead!

4. Lora @cakeduchess says

These popsicles take me to a tropical island. I am closing my eyes and am there with one of these in each hand. Love the delicious flavors…so summery and fun! xx

I too find myself wishing I was in some tropical place quite often actually lol! Your pina-colada pops would be a perfect reminder for me of those fabulous beaches and tropical drinks!

We just got back from the Bahamas and they served me a horrendous pina colada {shudder} on the beach one day. I think your popsicles are just what I need to chase away that memory! They look delicious and refreshing (as always)!

They look so pretty!!!! I don’t eat enough coconut milk, it would be fun to bake with for sure:-) Your recipe sounds perfect, I am loving it during a hot summer day:-) Hugs, Terra

8. Bonnie says

These sound amazing! Since each popsicle would have just over 1/2 tsp of alcohol, I wonder if they’d be appropriate for children? I like the idea of them not freezing quite so hard!

• Tutti Dolci says

Hi Bonnie, you can’t taste the alcohol in the pops at all (and I don’t drink, so I’m sensitive to that sort of thing!). I imagine they’d be fine for children, though that’s entirely up to you :).