peanut butter swirl ice cream pie

With the beginning of July comes the onset of some serious heat (and a case of kitchen avoidance – who wants to light the oven when temperatures spike?). The warm days call for a cool and creamy no-bake dessert. The type of thing you can assemble and forget about until hours later. And when you remember what’s waiting for you in the freezer, you smile. There’s just something about an ice cream pie.

In a nod to one of my favorite snacks (peanut butter and honey on graham crackers) I added PB and a drizzle of honey to the graham cracker crust. A dollop of peanut butter swirled into vanilla bean ice cream makes up the luscious filling and chocolate shavings top it all off for good measure. Grab a spoon, it’s time to dig in.

Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream Pie
Crust
8 sheets honey graham crackers
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp water

Filling
2 1/2 cups light vanilla bean ice cream
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 ounce chocolate, shaved

Coat a 9-inch pie dish lightly with cooking spray. To prepare crust, pulse graham crackers in a food processor until crumbly. Combine peanut butter and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted, about 1 minute. Add peanut butter mixture and water to food processor; pulse until combined. Press mixture evenly into prepared dish. Freeze for 30 minutes.

For the filling, place ice cream in a medium bowl and let soften at room temperature 5 minutes. Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted, about 30 seconds. Swirl melted peanut butter into ice cream, then use a piece of wax paper to press filling evenly into chilled crust. Return to freezer for 4 hours before serving. Use a sharp knife to slice pie into wedges; top with chocolate.

Yield – 8 servings (serving size: 1 slice)

Comments

It looks so scrumptious for something that’s so simple to prepare! (Love the graham cracker and peanut butter combination.) 😀

Please pass a spoon, I would love to dig in! Your ice cream pie looks like a perfect warm weather treat especially for this holiday week;-)

Did you say grab a spoon? I’m bringing MY SERVING SPOON! Well my area is not yet so hot but I’m ready anytime for this ice cream pie. OH yum! I opened your page at a wrong time…can’t go sleep thinking about this! I made cherry ice cream and ate some…probably not enough for 2 1/2 cups! But I got to keep this recipe and make this pie. It’s my kind of pie. Happy July 4th Laura!

The good thing about an ice-cream pie is that you’re kind of obliged to eat it really fast once you take it out of the freezer. Looks fantastic Laura – love the little shavings of chocolate on top!

You had me at peanut butter. And no bake. And ice cream. And pie. I am soooo craving a slice right now! Stay cool, my dear, and Happy 4th to you and your family, too!!!

I love the simplicity of this recipe. No-bake, freezer-friendly desserts are perfect for summer. You just can’t go wrong with vanilla ice cream and peanut butter!

So true, once the calendar hits July 1st it’s time to avoid the oven. Your pie looks like a dreamy dessert. I love that it’s peanut butter and honey graham crackers – yummy! Your plate is beautiful too:)