cherry-mint sorbet

There’s nothing more refreshing than a chilled bowl of sorbet following an alfresco dinner on the patio. Simultaneously sweet and cooling, this cherry-mint sorbet is absolutely revitalizing. I infused the simple syrup with a handful of sweet mint leaves for a vibrant twist, and happily found the pairing of fresh cherries with mint much to my liking – in fact, I’m ready to make another quart! What’s your favorite way to stay cool in the summer heat?

Cherry-Mint Sorbet
2 cups water
1/4 cup sweet mint leaves, crushed
1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted and pureed

Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil then simmer until sugar has completely dissolved, 5-6 minutes. Remove syrup from heat and stir in mint leaves; let steep 30 minutes.

Stir in cherry puree, then strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard solids. Chill for at least 3-4 hours in the refrigerator before pouring into frozen cylinder of ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spoon mixture into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer for another hour or until firm.

Yield – 3 cups (serving size: 1/2 cup)

I love it cherry’s with mint sounds tasty. You should link this up to the ice cream bloghop go check out my blog and link it up if you like. So far there are lots of great ice-cream/yogurt recipes. Have a great weekend :)

I love your combination Laura. I never tried them together but I love both. My favorite sorbet is lemon. After a big lunch or dinner of seafood, especially in summer, I can’t stand up from the table without a glass of sorbetto al limone.

So simple, yet so exquisite! Cherry and mint sound like a wonderful combination.

I like to stay cool in the summer by having a lot of homemade lemonade on hand. :-)

I also made sorbet today and did photo shoot but I wasn’t too happy with the pictures. You took such beautiful pictures Laura!! I love that glass with the lid jars!!! Cherry and mint – never thought of this combination. I had my first cherries today (finally!) and it was delicious. Can’t wait till going to cherry pick this month!

Our mint grows like a weed and I’m always looking for new and different ways to use it. My mom loves fresh cherries and I’m going to make this for her on her next visit!

Looks so beautiful and refreshing, just like your blog! Very much enjoy reading your posts and this sorbet, and will give you a link at mine :)
    In Turkey, we love having freshly made lemonades with fresh mint leaves and plenty ice cubes in it. I made a Victoria Sponge cake with berries and lemon curd for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations in England and your sorbet will complement beautifully!

I have confirmed that the local orchard will open for cherry picking later this week and am so excited to be able to have fresh cherries! (and at a very good price!) The sorbet sparkles in icy delight! Seductively whispering “summer is almost here.” A splendid dessert!