blueberry-mascarpone muffins

I like to think Monday morning calls for a freshly baked muffin. As you ease your way into a new week, a warm muffin is just the thing to take the edge off of looming responsibilities and deadlines. One bite of these blueberry-Mascarpone muffins, and you’ll find your spirits instantly lifted. I promise.

Fragrant with orange blossom honey and lemon zest, these muffins are bursting with sweet and juicy Driscoll’s blueberries. A hidden pocket of creamy Mascarpone in the center pushes these into best-ever blueberry muffin territory. After a delicious breakfast like this, you’ll be ready for whatever the day brings.

Blueberry-Mascarpone Muffins
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup fresh Driscoll’s blueberries
1/4 cup Mascarpone, divided
1 Tbsp turbinado sugar

Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup standard muffin pan with baking cups; coat baking cups with cooking spray. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine buttermilk, egg, honey, oil, vanilla, and lemon zest in a medium bowl; add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.

Fill each baking cup with a rounded tablespoon of batter, then add 1 teaspoon Mascarpone. Top with another rounded tablespoon of batter (each baking cup will be 2/3 full) and sprinkle turbinado sugar evenly over muffins. Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes before removing from pan to serve warm or cool completely. Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.

Yield – 12 muffins (serving size: 1 muffin)

FTC: Driscoll’s provided me with coupons for recipe development. I was not compensated in any other way and was not obligated to write or recommend the berries. All opinions are my own.

It would have been so nice to start my Monday morning with these muffins. I love blueberries in baked goods and you can’t ever go wrong with mascarpone. I can just imagine the lovely texture of these muffins, yum!

I can almost smell these through the screen! I love the additions of orange blossom honey and mascarpone cheese!! (And I also love that gorgeous table linen.)

I would like to start my day with one of these muffins! I’ve been thinking about using mascarpone in my baking, it does sound delicious with the blueberries;-)

4. Jennifer | Mother Thyme says

Blueberry Muffins are my favorite! I love the addition of mascarpone cheese in these. Fabulous recipe!

I could eat blueberry muffins every day…your mascarpone in the middle sounds fantastic – I’ve never had a muffin with yummy creamy mascarpone in the center! Love the recipe and looking forward to trying it!

I wud love to start my monday morning with these gorgeous muffins:). I love the mascarpone and blueberry…its a great combo. You make it look so beautiful and tempting…am craving for some:)

Mascarpone in muffins? Dreamy sigh…sounds absolutely heavenly. Love that there’s also orange blossom honey & lemon zest – what a great combo with the berries! I’m a big Driscoll’s fan!

My husband adores blueberries! This just might be the perfect treat for Father’s Day breakfast this weekend. The scoop of mascarpone will be a very pleasant surprise for my resident blueberry lover. A delicious post!

BTW: I finally went cherry picking yesterday! Cherry “something” for dessert tonight!

I know I would enjoy these muffins every day of the week! Orange blossom honey, mascarpone and blueberries… I am sure they taste so delicious. :)

Your Mondays seem a lot more calm and elegant with these muffins than my crazy Monday mornings! LOL. None of us can barely get up before 7am and I have to rush everyone to get ready, yelling “quickly!” many times so that we can leave the house before 8am for school… BUT now it’s summer and we’re a little more relaxed. Maybe muffin on Monday is possible if “I” wake up early? =) Beautiful and delicious post, Laura!

Yum! I have some mascarpone in my frig right now, and some blueberries in the freezer… I’m thinking I’ll just have to try these!! Look absolutely delish!

12. Bincy says

How long are these muffins good for, after they are baked? I’m thinking of sending them to family in another state. Thanks!