raspberry-mascarpone pastries

When you want to whip up a simple and scrumptious dessert, puff pastry is your friend. Keep a box in the freezer and you’ll always be prepared for a party, whether you decide to serve something sweet or savory. To celebrate a happy couple’s engagement, I made these heart-shaped raspberry-Mascarpone pastries with just a few hours’ notice.

Each flaky puff pastry heart is filled with honey-Mascarpone and fresh raspberries; this is a basic recipe open to interpretation, so use whatever berry you love best. No matter what spin you put on these pastries, your creation will impress and only you’ll know how effortless the assembly was!

Raspberry-Mascarpone Pastries
1 package (17.3 oz) puff pastry sheets, thawed
8 ounces Mascarpone, softened at room temperature
2 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold pastry on a cutting board and use a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter to cut out 24 hearts or rounds. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet; use a fork to prick in several places. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden and puffed.

Remove pastries from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Combine Mascarpone, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl. Use a serrated knife to carefully cut pastries in half. Use an offset spatula to spread each half with about 1/2 teaspoon filling. Arrange raspberries on 24 halves, then sandwich with remaining halves, pressing gently.

Chill pastries in the fridge for 1 hour before serving. Store filled pastries in the refrigerator up to 2 days.

Yield – 24 pastries (serving size: 1)

Comments

How cute! Unfortunately for me, no matter if I have time or not, puff pastry is my only baking…pretty much. LOL. I love the honey-Mascarpone in the pastry along with fresh raspberries. Cute and delicious all in one. And not to mention it’s easy to prepare! Thanks for expanding my very limited baking talents. I’ve been collecting a lot of puff pastry recipes so I won’t get bored with the similar desserts. 😉

I never though of cutting puff pastry into various shapes! (And what could possibly top the combination of Mascarpone, honey, and raspberries?) Such a simple, sweet dessert!

3. Jennifer says

These are adorable and completely worth trying out. I love the simplicity of the recipe and the cuteness!

Oh yes – puff pastry is just perfect for last-minute desserts. The raspberry and mascarpone combination sounds heavenly, Laura!

Hi Laura, these look fantastic, and deliciously simple too (as long as one isn’t making the pastry from scratch!) – I’d definitely be sticking with raspberries… my favourite berry!

Holy yum! Not only do these look adorable, they are almost too pretty to eat. Love the heart shaped pastries combined with the luscious berries! Everything about this post is just beautiful!

LOVE!! This is my perfect type of recipe: upscale flavors, gorgeous presentation yet so easy with just a few ingredients. What did I do before I had your wonderful blog to read?!!

What a great idea to use puff pastry!These look so so cute and delicious!I’m definitely going to try it!Thanks so much for sharing :)

These really look scrumptious and I love how easy they are to make. This is my first visit here, so I’ve spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I’m really glad I did that. I like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I’ll definitely be back. Have a great day. Blessings…Mary

Grazie, Laura!

What a great idea! For some reason, I think of puff pastry for savory stuff, so I will definitely try these! They’re beautiful.

Very pretty idea! I am a raspberry and heart lover so this is a simple recipe that I would make for a gift or a party in a flash!