cadbury easter egg bark

April 4, 2012

in Candy

Cadbury Mini Eggs are a more recent discovery of mine, and though I’m usually fairly disciplined when it comes to candy, the petite pastel eggs have become a weakness. While eating the eggs out of hand satisfied me for a day or two (I love how the candy shell shatters, giving way to solid milk chocolate), I became determined to create another use for them; thus, the evolution of Cadbury Easter Egg bark. Chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs sit atop two layers of smooth, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate for absolute chocolate heaven.

Use a sharp knife to chop the eggs and do be careful – they have a tendency to slip around on the cutting board. I used only the blue, pink, and yellow eggs for the bark, saving the white eggs for another use (crushed over ice cream, perhaps?!). For a lovely gift, wrap up squares in cello bags. Roasted carrot cake bars or tangerine-vanilla tea cakes are two more delicious options for your Easter table.

Cadbury Easter Egg Bark
1 pound white chocolate, chopped
1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
6 ounces Cadbury Mini Eggs, chopped

Line an 11 x 17-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Place white chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Pour melted chocolate into prepared pan and spread with an offset spatula into an even layer. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 25 minutes. Remove pan from refrigerator and leave at room temperature while melting remaining chocolate.

Place bittersweet and semisweet chocolate in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until glossy and smooth. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Pour melted dark chocolate over white chocolate layer; carefully spread with an offset spatula into an even layer. Sprinkle with chopped Cadbury eggs. Chill in the refrigerator until completely set, about 1 hour.

Carefully lift parchment paper and place bark on a cutting board; trim away any ragged edges, then use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Pack in an airtight container with wax paper between layers; store at room temperature up to 1 week.

Yield – 32 squares (serving size: 1 square)

1 Nami | Just One Cookbook April 5, 2012

This is absolutely beautiful bark! Perfect for Easter treat! Never know how easy this is to make!

2 Me And My Sweets April 5, 2012

Hi,

I just found your blog and I really like this Easter Chocolate recipe. Sounds yummy and super easy to make, yet very beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by my blog if you like. Cheers!

Johanna

3 Emily @ She Makes and Bakes April 5, 2012

I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs. They’re incredible and so hard to resist. There’s just something about the flavor of that shell. Love this idea for the bark. I put them in my brownie recipe last week. I agree…you have to do something with them or you’ll eat all of them!

4 Julia {The Roasted Root} April 5, 2012

It has been so long since I’ve had a Cadbury mini egg! I have fond memories of them from when I was a kid. Your bark is so much fun! Colorful and a wonderful Easter treat. Great idea!

5 Terri April 5, 2012

Last night I saw these gems on a platter looking perfectly amazing! I said to myself, you cannot eat just one, so don’t begin…well, being the chocoholic that I am, I broke down and ate one! Oh my gosh!! They are amazing! They not only satisfy but they look absolutely beautiful and very Easter!! Try them, you will LOVE them!!

6 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen April 6, 2012

Cadbury Mini Eggs are my weakness!! I’ve been indulging while I can.

7 Katia April 7, 2012

Laura, I’ve never had Cadbury mini eggs, but I love so much your Easter chocolate creation, it looks so adorable and yummy!

8 Claire @ Claire K Creations April 7, 2012

Aren’t they delicious. I could quite easily devour an entire bag myself. I love what you’ve done with them… you’ve made them even chocolatier (ok not a word but you know what I mean).

9 Amy from Appetite for Discovery April 7, 2012

What a beautiful creation! I gave up chocolate for lent and would love to be biting into that bark right about now!

10 Jen @ The Scrumptious Pumpkin April 8, 2012

These are gorgeous – genius idea for Easter! ;)

11 Colleen April 20, 2012

I LOVE THESE!! Great idea!

12 Choc Chip Uru May 24, 2012

These are the cutest ideas ever – love them very much my friend :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

13 Carol | a cup of mascarpone March 20, 2013

Laura, this post is from before I knew you! I love this, and I’m so glad I just spotted it on pinterest! Cadbury creme and Cadbury chocolate eggs are my daughter’s favorite. I must make this for her for Easter!